Monday, June 16, 2014

12 Stones Noodle House

I featured Loy Sum Juan as one of my favourite places to eat in the early days of this blog. I followed them from Outram Park to Tiong Bahru Plaza, but when they went to Murray Terrace we went less regularly, as parking is not the most convenient there and somehow I felt the quality of the cooking declined.

They closed in Feb 2014, and the main chef, who is the son of the founder and who ran Loy Sum Juan in the kitchen for many years started out on his own at a hawker stall in ABC.

I loved the har cheong kai at Loy Sum Juan, and he re-created a bone-less chicken version of har cheong kai, and served it atop noodles.


I added some pork chop shown in the foreground with the sauce, and the har cheong kai in the background. The noodles were de rigeur wantan mee style egg noodles. The pork chop was crispy, and the pork was tender and quite nice. Needless to say, the chicken is superb. The batter coating was fragrant, and the chicken tender.

We also tried the ngau lam mien



Braised brisket. I used to love their braised brisket and tendon at Loy Sum Juan. This version, perhaps as a hawker stall with price points to meet, the meat was a rather lower cut of brisket, and there were no tendons. 



I found the food quite good, particularly the har cheong kai noodles. But not really exceptional. I can recommend the har cheong kai.

12 Stones Noodle House
  • Blk 6 Jalan Bukit Merah #01-140
  • Singapore 150006
  • Mon to Sat 11:00 - 15:00, 17:00 - 21:00


No comments: